Saturday, March 20, 2010

Secret Revealed

My kids don't know this about me! I have been collecting letters (Okay a small collection :) of letters from the White House since they were very young. I have a letter from Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, George Bush Jr and Laura Bush and now President Carter has responded to a letter I wrote to him! The letters I wrote were filled with encouragement, just so you know!

It was the perfect ending to a terrible day! I sat in my driveway and my heart was full of Joy as I read my note from Jimmy Carter!
We live in a world that has been replaced by text messages, emails and voicemail but a note handwritten by Jimmy Carter...that made me smile.
We met in Columbus, Georgia when I was a little girl. He told me I had pretty curly hair. I asked my father "Who is that man daddy?" He said "That is a man that loves Jesus and one day he will be the President of the United States." My father was correct on both accounts.

I have been a fan of Mr and Mrs Carter for a long time. They are doers of the word, not just hearers of the word! He is honest and he cares about God's people and above all He loves the Lord and is not ashamed to admit it publicly!
I'll hide my note in the box for the kids to find long after I am gone. Hopefully they will say...Wow! I never knew my mom had these!!
Have a blessed weekend friends!
Love Lilly

4 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Lilly, that is so great! i can't believe you are so quiet about it. I'd be telling everybody - including my children. Have a great weekend. laurie

Deanna said...

Howdy Lilly!
May you have a sweet week-end!
It has warmed my heart that you dropped by HomeHaven. So glad you left a comment.
It snowed and draught...I'm so ready for spring. But God knows some more winter is due before spring so I will do my best to respect that! grins
I joined your blogging family and hope to get to know you better thru blogging.
God Bless,
d

B. said...

I too have been a fan of the Carters and I LOVE real letter! What a treasure you have

Warren Baldwin said...

I didn't care for Jimmy Carter when he was president, but I do now. I wish he would/could run again. I think he is a real statesman and has a moral quality we really need in this country. Good post.

You have a good blog and I enjoyed reading it. If you get a chance, visit Family Fountain.